1. "God loves us too much to leave us where we're at." Ok you've heard this before, but it is so true. Sometimes we get to that point where we think we know everything and don't have any room left for growth. Don't kid yourself. There's ALWAYS room for improvement and I am so grateful that God loves me so much that he continues to work in my heart and reveal his glory to me in new ways.
2. I've been blessed with great friendships. It is no coincidence that these girls are my very best friends. They ROCK. They make me laugh. They care. They hold me accountable. They are always there to encourage me during the tough times as well as celebrate the good ones. They have such a special place in my heart & I don't know where I would be without them! It's been amazing to see how my friendship with each one of them has grown throughout the year.
"Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them... your smile, your hope, & your courage."
3. Being a Jackrabbit is awesome. Some of my favorite memories are attending Jackrabbit sporting events with great friends. Run Rabbits!
4. Thrift Store prom is just as fun the second year in a row. Man, rugs were cut FOSHO. So fun. Such great people.
5. People mess up. They make mistakes. But we are covered by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and through his death on the cross we are forgiven! He makes up for where we fall short, he is making all things new! Because of this we can now forgive others.
6. It's ok to do crazy things. If the tattoo sleeves are out it's bound to be a crazy time. Oh heck, even if the tattoo sleeves aren't out and this girl is around. Let the adventures continue!
7. I'm getting old. In March I turned 20. 20! I'm not a teen anymore! It rules. Ok so I'm not really old, but like I said, I just finished my sophomore year of college and I can hardly believe it. Plus, nothing says getting older like a barbie cake, right? :) A special thanks to my good friend Mariah for that one.
8. Sometimes our dreams are shattered so we discover our desire to encounter Christ. I read the book "Shattered Dreams" by Larry Crabb this semester. It's one of the better books I've read and I would highly recommend you read it. He writes:
"One way God works is to allow our lower dreams to shatter. He lets us hurt and doesn't make it better... in fact, what he's doing while we suffer is leading us into the depths of our being, into the center of our soul where we feel our strongest passions. It's there that we discover our desire for God. We begin to feel a desire to know Him that not only survives our pain, but actually thrives in it until that desire becomes more intense than our desire for all the good things we still want. Through the pain of shattered lower dreams, we wake up to the realization that we want an encounter with God more than we want the blessings of life. And that begins a revolution in our lives."
9. It's okay to take risks. True friendships take vulnerability, and its so worth it! The best friendships comes when you let yourself open up.
10. God is faithful. I saved this for last, but it is most definitely not the least. If there is one thing I've learned all year, it's this. I'm so thankful I can look back and see how God has helped me through every trial and every victory. I am so thankful for everything He does for me and how he works all things out for my good. To Him be all glory!
Like I said, it has been such a great year and I praise God for how he has been with me through it all. I can't wait for what this summer has in store and how He is going to continue to work in my heart!
"Now to him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen." -Ephesians 3:20-21
School's out, people! Summer's in! Bring on the San Diego beaches! (more on that later)